I keed, of course. The point of the award is unfortunately not to tell me that I'm super hot but to recognize some of the bloggers that we choose to read on a regular basis and give them some props. But there are a few rules:
1. Copy the Beautiful Blogger Award logo and place it in your post.
2. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
3. Tell readers 7 things about yourself that they probably don't already know.
4. Nominate 7 other bloggers for their own Beautiful Blogger Award, and comment on their blogs to let them know.
Numbers 1 and 2 were quite simple, but as chatty as I am, number 3 will be tough. Here's my attempt:
1. I never actually graduated college. Most people assume I did because I'm fairly well-spoken and married to a genius, but I myself am a college dropout. I majored in music ed for a few years, and after I looked at all of the unhappy people in the industry around me, I reevaluated. That's not to say that there aren't tons of band directors that love their jobs---but I wouldn't be one of them! By the time I finally became adult enough to go back to school, we were preparing to move overseas.
2. I still don't know what to be "when I grow up". BUT my magical dream job would be this: prenatal/postnatal doula/personal trainer/lactation consultant combo. I would basically help mamas "find their strong" within themselves, physically, maternally, and emotionally, during this major life change. Now, I'd need an incredible number of certifications and actual willing clientele for this, but it IS after all a dream job.
3. I can eat like a linebacker if I choose to. I try not to, but sometimes it just comes out. One guy knows me as the "pregnant chick who ate an entire large pizza", and I consistently eat more than my husband. I've thought of taking up a few restaurant challenges, but my poor belly doesn't need any more stretching!
4. Although I can eat a ton, I've always had stomach problems. Years ago I was told I had Irritable Bowel Syndrome. Since then, I've self-discovered that I actually have a problem with dairy. I can tell a tiny difference when I eat cheese, it gets worse with ice cream, and milk is completely off limits! I've mostly excluded dairy from my diet, but I still have my slip ups. I'm very lucky that I don't have it as bad as others.
5. I usually feel like I don't fit in. I'm not super duper crunchy but I'm not mainstream. I love playing with my kids and being home with them, but I feel no guilt having plenty of me time. I love to get ridiculously sweaty and disgusting at the gym, and I'm never dressed to impress. It makes it hard to meet people. But I find that the people I gel with are generally there for the long haul, so I guess I'm cool with being on the odd side. It does bum me out when we move though, as it takes a while to find those few people.
6. We're going to Hilton Head in a little over a week, and I'm over the moon about it!!! It'll be our first family vacation since the boy was born, and our first vacation longer than three days since our honeymoon! We've always spent previous vacay time visiting family, which as you all know is wonderful BUT not comparable to "getting away from it all". Now that we live close enough to family that we can visit them on the weekends, we feel ready for this trip. More than ready. We'll have a little condo where we can make breakfast and lunch, bikes to take us to dinner, lots of beach and poolside time, and even a fitness center. Heaven!
7. I'm not very confident in the kitchen. Yes, I know I have my "FoodDay Friday" thing, I'm slowly getting better. It's not that I'm a bad cook, it's that I get scared easily. And I seriously hate kitchen mess, so I have a hard time not cleaning as I go. If I clean, I get behind, then I miss a step. It's a process. And Hubby is a seriously amazing cook who loves the kitchen, so I never had to remedy this problem. I just cleaned up his mess and all was well! I simply wasn't given kitchen confidence growing up, but I'm finally at the point where I'm (almost) ready to take it. Don't let that deter you though--some recipes will be from Hubby, and the stuff I'm sharing tomorrow (made by ME) is majorly yummy!!!
Okay, that's it. Seven very random things about me. Not sure if you learned anything worth hearing, but that's what I have to give today. I'm still fried a bit from so much sun the past few days--we've spent most of our time outside for two days straight, including a grueling trail run last night. The reason? See below:
Yep, a hot and humid hell awaits us this weekend. We'll be spending early mornings at the Y waterpark, then in their indoor kid club, and then locked away in the house playing Kinect and making crafts. I foresee running out of crafting supplies. And probably a skipped long run. Stay safe people, it's gonna be rough out there!
Now on to the final and super fun step: naming 7 awesome bloggers to get the Beautiful Blogger Award! Here we go:
1. Jolene at Journey of a Canuck Mom on the Run
2. Carmen at She Runs Everywhere
3. Katie at Blessed with Full Hands
4. Brandy at Pounds to Miles
5. Kim at Just Another Mom on the Run
6. Suz at Cows and Lasers and Everything in Between
7. Michelle at This Princess Runs
Ladies, get your fit little booties to bloggin', I wanna hear random tidbits about you all too! Have a happy Thursday, everyone!